Oct 11, 2011

When I grow up...


Do you remember what you wanted to be when you grew up? Well, you have already grown up. Are you doing what you say you wanted to be?

When we were small girls and boys, we dreamed with being an astronaut, a ballerina, a vet, a swimmer, a doctor, an orchestra director, a teacher, a painter, or maybe a singer.

Now that we are going to college and we are taking important decisions for our lives, it is a good moment for us to ask ourselves if what we are choosing is what we really want to do.


Barbie was created for this purpose; Barbie is for little girls an inspiration to pursue their dreams. As kids it is very simple to dream and imagine how would our lives be in a future, we didn’t fear for what would come later. 

In order for many grown ups to remember what their dreams were, and for little kids to encourage them to dream, Barbie created a series of videos, posted in Barbie's You Tube Channel, of women and girls accomplishing their dreams and living the life they imagined by doing what they love without fear.

Barbie also created a special tab in her Facebook page for girls around the world to share what they want to be when they grow up. Sharing what your dream is and reading other girls’ dreams could become inspiring because you can know you are not the only one dreaming of your future.


Source:

"Barbie's Channel - YouTube." YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. Web. 11 Oct. 2011. <http://www.youtube.com/barbie>.





1 comment:

  1. Actually I have to admit that I don’t even remember the things that I said I wanted to be when I grow up. Even if I don’t remember I know that I was inspired by the professions of my Barbies. In those times I liked the one who cared about injured pets, so I wanted to be like that Barbie. When I forget about Barbies I started to think in the careers that I really liked, not the ones that the Barbies imposed me and I knew that not even one of the Barbies careers was something for me. I am thankful for discovering this soon, now I know what I do really like.

    ReplyDelete